Regional Sales Manager
Berkshire, North Hampshire, North Surrey
Field-based with team meetings at our Maidenhead offices.
Hours of work
40 hours, weekdays. Flexible to work occasional evenings as and when to attend customer/trade events.
Competitive Salary (experience dependent) + Performance Related Bonus
about the company
Established in 1993, independently owned and family run, BWH Drinks is the leading drinks
distributor supplying the on-trade in Berkshire and the surrounding area. A nominated “partner”
wholesaler to the brewers and brands across all of the drinks categories, with a diverse portfolio of
over 3000 products into 600 accounts. We boast an impressive spirits range and an extensive ontrade only wine portfolio, some own label and many regionally exclusive. With ambitious growth
plans for 2021, we are seeking New Business Development Managers to drive sales growth, with a
particular focus on premium outlets.
THE PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Working with the sales director, you will be responsible for maintaining existing accounts and
securing new business in our heartland.
• Prospect the territory, building up a profile of existing competition and brands, gathering trade
data for marketing purposes.
• Update CRM with prospect and customer information.
• Provide regular call reports, sharing gains, potentials and work in progress.
• Effective and efficient planning to manage area whilst bringing on board new accounts.
• Negotiate supply and stocking deals.
• Maintain and maximize sales and profitability in all accounts.
• Develop and sustain solid relationships with both existing and new customers to encourage longterm business.
• Develop a full understanding of our products and make suitable recommendations to achieve
maximum sales potential in accounts. (Only a general understanding of wine is required as we have
a dedicated wine development specialist)
• With a high level of brand support, work closely with preferred partners in trade to mutually grow
volumes and execute promotional activity.
• Develop an understanding of cellar service for installing new brands and dispense solutions.
• Maintain commercial awareness by identifying opportunities, threats and risks.
• Prepare price files in Excel for loading by the sales office team.
• Utilise social media to drive company, brand and customers awareness.
• To continually meet and exceed set sales targets.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & CRITERIA
• Ideally have a successful track record in the on-trade wholesale market or previous sales
experience within an FMCG or equivalent company, with overachieving sales targets and a can-do
• The successful candidate must live on patch.
• Have the determination, commercial ability and personality to negotiate with customers at all
• Ability to self-motivate and forward plan.
• Microsoft Office to intermediate level, in particular Excel/Outlook skills.
• To fully appreciate the importance of social media, utilising forums to increase trade.
• CRM experience.
• Driving licence.
• Competitive salary and commission structure.
• Generous car allowance, company laptop and mobile phone.
• Additional brand incentives for installation and placement.
• Friendly and flexible working environment.
• Generous staff discount on beers, wines, spirits and soft drinks.
• All the benefits of working for a SME.